Tuesday 8 January 2013

An Introduction


I believe in simplicity... The simpler the better... Generally, I'd like to believe that the obvious answer is the right answer... I tend to begin at the beginning... And with that in mind, I want to make the first post of this blog an introduction. An introduction to me, the blog, and anything else that I think might be worth introducing on the way. Read, enjoy, and try not to get bored along the way. 




Righty then... I've been playing with the idea of starting a blog discussing S&C for a while now but never really got around to it. I wanted to get my thoughts straight about how to go about it first, and I think I have. So here we go... As I mentioned in the description, the aims of this blogspot are threefold; First and foremost, to encourage networking and discussion about training and performance development in strength and conditioning. There's a growing community of great S&C minds developing in the UK and around the world, and probably fairly selfishly I'd like to get peoples thoughts and opinions about things I'm working on with my athletes. As well as this, I'd hope that this stimulates discussion about whatever topics are pertinent to you, and will welcome questions and suggestions associated with this. Supporting this, I'll endeavor to develop, advertise and praise good practice within the strength and conditioning industry. As I've said before, there are inspiring coaches developing everywhere, I've worked alongside a lot of them, and I want to do everything I can to encourage this and champion the great work thats taking place. Thirdly, and finally, I want to use the blog to have a bit of fun, get some ideas out there and see what comes back.

I'm of the firm belief that nothing you read is ever fact, in this blog or anywhere else for that matter. Everything's up for discussion (that's the point), but as any good academic would do when putting information out there I'll be stealing the ideas and opinions of cleverer people with a much clearer understanding of things than I'll ever have and packaging them in my own way. Standing on the shoulders of giants, and all that jazz. That brings me to me... I'm a strength and conditioning coach and I've been working in and around the professional sports environment for coming up to 5 years now. I've been based in South Yorkshire, England up until now working for colleges and universities developing student sport and servicing contracts with external clients. This has afforded me the opportunity to develop experience with a vast array of athletes competing in a wide range of sports, a great environment to learn movement! It's also given me a great chance to meet and engage with some great coaches, and I hope help contribute to the development of some aspiring young coaches. I'll be asking for some of them to contribute down the line...

I'll be hoping you find the reads in this blog intriguing, enjoyable and useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts...?